COVID-19 Resources (Real Time Updates)
- The CARES ACT signed into law on March 27 contains several important tax provisions; the Paycheck Protection Program provision of the CARES Act offers businesses immediate access to liquidity through a new loan program tied to prior year payroll. (Details courtesy of Blum Shapiro)
- UPDATE 3/28: The President approved a disaster declaration for Massachusetts, ordering federal assistance to help with recovery in areas impacted by COVID-19. The declaration makse federal funding and assistance available for emergency protective measures at the state, municipal and tribal level.
- Masssachusetts DPH Coronavirus info and resources
- State House News Service Coronavirus Tracker
- Mass.gov COVID-19 Update Page
- Text alerts regarding Massachusetts’ response to COVID-19: Text COVIDMA to 888-777.
- Massachusetts COVID-19 Workforce Measures
- Department of Unemployment Assistance (DUA)
- Contact Request Form (if someone has difficulty filing for UI online)
City of Worcester Resources
- Coronavirus info, resources & hotline (508-799-1019)
- Support “Worcester Together”: Visit webpage or text “worcestercovid19” to 243725.
- Coalition for a Healthy Greater Worcester COVID-19 Community Resources
COVID-19 Job Seeker Resources & Unemployment Insurance Info
- If you’ve been laid off due to COVID-19, click here for expedited unemployment insurance claim information.
- PowerPoint: How to File a UI Claim
- File an unemployment claim (direct link)
- Massachusetts DUA COVID-19 Information page
- Register for our COVID-19 Critical Needs Jobs listing and get in touch with businesses hiring NOW!
COVID-19 Resources for Employers, Businesses, & Partners
- The Worcester Regional Chamber of Commerce and the North Central Massachusetts Chamber are offering emergency loans of up to $20,000 to small businesses negatively impacted by COVID-19.
- The loans are in lieu of high-interest credit cards or expensive and unregulated online lenders. The NCMDC still offers its regular loans of up to $150,000 (these take longer to approve).
- To qualify for the emergency loan, businesses must provide two years of tax returns and demonstrate a direct financial impact of Coronavirus on the business. Inquiries: Sandie Cataldo or Brendan Hannen at the North Central Chamber.
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) Program: Up to $2M in low-interest loans to small businesses and nonprofits severely impacted by COVID-19. Free webinars on the EIDL application process:
- Insights and guidance on applying for EIDL (courtesy Blum Shapiro)
- At an interest rate of 3.75% for small businesses and 2.75% for nonprofits, EIDL can be used to pay fixed debts, payroll, accounts payable, and other bills which cannot be paid because of the disaster’s impact.
- EIDLs will now defer payments for the first year (twelve months) of the loan. This is a change from the initial loan structure, which allowed payment deferral for four months.
- Express Bridge Loan Program: Authorizes SBA Express Lenders to provide expedited SBA-guaranteed bridge loan financing on an emergency basis in amounts up to $25,000 for disaster-related purposes to small businesses who have applied for and await long-term financing (including the EIDL).
– Guidance about Employer Unemployment Insurance, MA WorkShare, or MassHire BizWorks, contact the Central Area Rapid Response Coordinator or call 978-534-1481 (ext. 237) or 617-438-7894.
– Mass Workforce Association: Mass Workforce Association COVID-19 Info Sheet (flyer) for businesses to customize, post, and share.
– Submit your critical need job(s) to our COVID-19 Critical Job Openings directory (see below)
Employers in Central Massachusetts Need You: Apply Today!
If you’re in good health and not considered high risk* for COVID-19, please make a difference by filling any of these critical jobs. In some cases, you can apply today and start tomorrow. See table below for organizations seeking help, their critical staffing needs, and to apply.
* Older adults and people with severe underlying chronic medical conditions (e.g., heart or lung disease or diabetes) appear to be at higher risk for developing serious complications from COVID-19.
|Organization||Critical Needs||Website||To Apply|
|Amazon, Inc. (Milford)||Warehouse Team Member||Visit||Milford Warehouse HR: email@example.com|
|You, Inc.||Direct Care Residential staff; FT & PT Relief staff; various shifts ($14/hour)||Visit||Marcia Hurley: firstname.lastname@example.org / 774-530-1716|
|Seven Hills Foundation & Affiliates||PT and FT positions w/in 10 miles of Worcester||Visit||Jessica Vermette: JVermette@sevenhills.org / 508-579-8235|
|Schneider||CDL Drivers (CDL-A required), Office, Diesel Technician, and Warehouse||Visit||Michael Gagnon (Field Recruiting Manager): 603-341-8073 / GagnonM@schneider.com|
|Extended Stay America (ESA) Westborough (West Main Street)||Guest Services Representatives, |
Overnight Laundry Attendant
|Visit||Nick Guarino: 508-616-9213 / email@example.com|
|North Suffolk Mental Health Association||Human Services positions available (FT & PT); Entry level to MA level: Residential Care; Outreach; Clinician; Peer Support; Child & Family Services; Emergency Services; Addiction/Recovery Support||Visit||Wanda Colon: WColon@northsuffolk.org|
|Table Talk Pies||Accounts Payable Clerk||Visit||Rene Gonzalez: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|CVS Health||Pharmacy Techs, Skilled Nurses, Customer Service, Prescription Delivery Drivers, Warehouse Distribution Professionals||Visit||Jon DaSilva: 617-423-5640; Jonathan.Dasilva@CVSHealth.com|
|Masis Staffing Solutions||Warehouse Associates||Visit||Adriana Simeaszko: 774-280-1202 /
|Atalian Global Services||Cleaners||Visit||Kim Bigonette: email@example.com|
|Riverside Community Care||Human Service Professionals, Mental Health and Residential Counselors||Visit||Joshua Mazur: Jmazur@riversidecc.org|
|GE Healthcare||Machine Operators, Quality Technicians, Production Workers||Visit||Alexander Rymill: ALER535@kellyservices.com|
|Guardian Angels Senior Services||Healthcare professionals (PCA, HHA, CNA, Nurses)||Visit||Heather Runions: hrunions@GAseniorservices.com|
|Internal Security Associates||Security Officers||Visit||Captain Diana Cierpka: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|UNFI||Truck Drivers, Shipping/Receiving Associates||Visit||Allie Schmidl: email@example.com|
|Care-One (Millbury)||Healthcare professionals (PCA, HHA, CNA, Nurses)||Visit||Al Bailey: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Prince Telecom LLC (Essential Services Provider)||Cable Installation Technicians||Visit||Rob Sippola (Talent Acquisition Manager): 302-304-3421 / email@example.com|
|Catania Oils||Machine Operators; Forklift Operators||Visit||Annemarie Abdo: AAbdo@cataniaoils.com / 978-391-8328
|SALMON Health and Retirement||Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Skilled Nursing Homes seeking help keeping older adults entertained, well fed and receiving attention and care.||Visit||Courtney Sibinich: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Open Sky Community Services||Residential Counselors||Visit||Nicole Wischhof: email@example.com|
|Venture Community Services||Direct Support Professionals; Drivers; Day Habilitation Professionals in Uxbridge & Southbridge||Visit||Roy Rodriguez (HR Hiring Manager): firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Imperial Distributors||General Warehouse Team Members||Visit||508-713-6515 / email@example.com
|United Natural Foods, Inc. (UNFI)||Order Selector ($15/hr + OT)||Visit||Allie Schmidl (Talent Acquisition Partner): 860-779-2800 ext. 32722 / Alexandria.Schmidl@unfi.com|
|Oriol Health Care||CNAs and Nurses||Visit||Lynn A Oaks: firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Umass Memorial Community Healthlink||Nurses and Residential Counselors needed for 24 hour inpatient programs and urgent care.||Visit||Michelle Popp: 774-312-2711 / email@example.com|
|CoWorx Staffing (Grafton, Auburn, Sterling, Worcester)||Machine Operators (Grafton, Auburn); Production (Sterling); Material Handler (Auburn); QC Inspector (Worcester)||Visit||Carolyn Lariviere: 508-793-1560 / firstname.lastname@example.org|
|CoWorx Staffing (Palmer)||Machine Operator/Assemblers: 1st, 2nd & 3rd shifts||Visit||Samantha Rossi: 508-347-1200 / email@example.com|
|Community Resources for Justice (CRJ)||Residential Counselors||Visit||Randy Kearns: 617-423-2020 / firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Riverdale Mills Corporation||Manufacturing Machine Operator (FT, 2nd & 3rd Shifts); Manufacturing Maintenance Mechanic (FT, 8 Hour Shift); Manufacturing Shear Operator (FT, 2nd Shift); Industrial Electrician (FT, Non-Exempt); Account Executive||Visit||Carlo Bosco: 508-234-8400 / email@example.com|
|CVS Health||Accelerated Hiring of: Retail Store Associates, Warehouse Distribution Workers, Customer Service Reps, Pharmacy Techs, RNs, Nurse Practitioners, Licensed Vocational Nurses, LPNs, Customer Service Reps, Pharmacists, and Corporate Professionals.||Visitfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|GE Healthcare (Westborough)||Cleanroom Production Operators (and more positions), starting at $18/hr||Visit||Alex Rymill: 508-366-0755 / ALER535@kellyservices.com|