Workforce Forum: What it takes to move beyond an entry-level job
October 16 @ 10:00 am - 12:30 pm
Please join us in Worcester on Tuesday, October 16, 2018 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at the Beechwood Hotel to learn about the findings from our research that are highlighted in our report “Promoting Success” and participate in some action planning with regionally-based colleagues.
• Understand how employers make decisions on who to promote in their businesses and how they support staff retention and career growth
• Get tips on how to train young people to take charge of their trajectory in employment opportunities and how to change the narrative around taking risks
• Meet professionals in your region who are preparing young people for work and share strategies on how to best prepare them for their next job
Welcome: Secretary Rosalin Acosta, Executive Office of Labor and Workforce Development
CommCorp Research Presenters:
- Naome Jeanty, Research and Evaluation Manager
- Raija Vaisanen, Director of Research
Compelling Conversation Participants: Employer and Youth Serving Organization representatives respond to our research findings and share their experience.
- Rick LaFerriere, Lead Manager, Workforce Initiatives at CVS Health
- Colleen Moran, Director, Workforce Programs at Spaulding Rehabilitation Network
- Sam Putnam, Work-Based Learning Leader at Future Chefs
- Ana West, Program Director at New England Farm Workers’ Council
Following the conversation, we will have regionally organized roundtable discussions.
Light refreshments will be available.
Register at: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/workforce-forum-what-it-takes-to-move-beyond-an-entry-level-job-tickets-50452635190