The Worcester Building Pathways Pre-Apprenticeship Training Program provides 8 weeks of career exploration and hands-on exposure to the building trades and prepares participants for placement in a union apprenticeship. This year we are partnered with contractors looking for laborers, carpenters, roofers, iron workers, electricians, and many more trades! See: Outreach Cycle 5 Final 2020
- Training will be held in Worcester and is scheduled to occur February 24 to April 17, 2020!
- All applicants must be 18 years of age or older, have a high school diploma or equivalent, have a driver’s license, physically be able to work in construction, be low-income, be authorized to work in the U.S. and consent to Drug Testing.
- Preference given to women, minorities, and Worcester residents!
- All applicants must live in Central MA.
- Graduates from training earn an average of $17/hr.!!!
- Interested individuals should contact Theodora Appiah at 508-373-7608 or AppiahT@masshirecentral.com to apply.
The Clinical Medical Assistant Training is offering a 14-week classroom training for students to prepare for an in-demand occupation needed in local health clinics. Students will attend classes Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday evenings 5:30 p.m.-9:30 p.m. from February 25 to May 28, 2020. Following classroom training, students will complete 160 hours of on-the-job training at a local health facility. See: Worcester Jobs Fund Clinical Medical Assistant 2020
- All applicants must be 18 years of age or older, have a high school diploma or equivalent, be low to moderate income, be authorized to work in the U.S. and consent to Drug Testing.
- Applicants must also live in the City of Worcester
- Average starting wages in the industry are $16/hr.
- Interested applicants can contact Theodora at (508) 373-7608 or Twumasi-AnkrahT@masshirecentral.com to apply.