The Massachusetts Restaurant Association Educational Foundation Certified Restaurant Professional Apprentice Program
Effective April 8, 2019 The Department of Apprentice Standards has registered The MRAEF Certified Restaurant Professional Apprentice Program. The initial tranche of the program is funded by MassHire. We are currently in the process of identifying 12 apprentices in the Central Massachusetts area. This will be a rigorous endeavor, but for those participating will receive industry certifications and college level education resulting in credits to promote their expertise and restaurant career.
- Apprentices will be required to complete 1800 hours of On The Job Learning and 150 hours of Related Training Instruction
- There is no cost for an apprentice to participate in the program
- Four hours of National Restaurant Association Online Education
- There are 8 six hour mandatory classes of restaurant, culinary and hospitality instruction to complete the RTI hours that will be conducted every other Tuesdays starting in July at Quinsigamond Community College. Upon completion of the RTI at QCC each apprentice will have earned 7 college credits to be applied to a degree program
- Each apprentice will be complete the following industry certifications:
- ServSafe Food Handler
- ServSafe Alcohol
- OSHA Training
- Choke Saver Training
- ServSafe Manager
- Allergen Training
I have attached the detail of the program for you to review. The first class for this program will be Tuesday July 9th. We will identify and register 12 apprentices before June 1st. If you have a candidate that you feel would be a good fit for this program, please send their name and contact information to Kerry Miller firstname.lastname@example.org. We are also looking employers to hire 4 graduating Prostart Seniors that will be entering into the Certified Restaurant Professional Apprentice Program.