|Title: Coalition for a Healthy Greater Worcester Intern
Semester: Fall 2019
Hours: 10-20 hours/week
Paid or Unpaid: Monthly Stipend Available
The Coalition for a Healthy Greater Worcester is the Central Massachusetts Community Health Network Area (CHNA), a local coalition of public, nonprofit and private sectors that strives for continuous improvement of health status among its residents. The work of the Coalition aligns with the 2016 CHIP, which prioritizes work in the following areas: racism & discrimination, substance use, access to care, mental health, economic opportunity, cultural responsiveness, access to healthy food, physical activity, and safety.
The intern will be responsible for event planning and management activities for the Coalition’s annual meeting and report out to the community. These efforts are vital to our community engagement and advocacy mission.
The Director of the Coalition for a Healthy Greater Worcester is the direct supervisor for this position with support from the Academic Health Collaborative Coordinator. The student will primarily work remotely, but will be invited to meetings in the community.
- Create and maintain a social media presence
- Enhance and update the website as needed
- Manage a registration system
- Recruit tablers, volunteers vendors and other event partners
- In collaboration with Coalition Director, write and distribute monthly newsletters
- Design flyers, graphics, evites and other marketing materials for the event
- Draft, distribute and pitch news releases, media alerts and other stories
- Collaborate with Coalition Director, Co-chairs, and Steering Committee to develop ideas, directors, and venues for marketing and communications
- Reach out to community organizations, general public and donors with the mission, vision and work of the Coalition and the details of the event
- Current graduate or undergraduate student in marketing, communications, public health or a related field
- Experience in marketing and communications preferred
- Working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, HTML, and graphic design preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent organization skills and ability to prioritize
- Interest in public health preferred
Please Reach Out!